3rd Annual Regional Conference
TEEING OFF TO EXCELLENCE IN GI NURSING ROUND 3
Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014
Kroc Center, Augusta
1830 Broad Street
Augusta, GA 30904
Presented by the Eastern Division of the Georgia Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates and Georgia Regents Medical Center, Center for Nursing Education
Licensed Nurses working in gastroenterology and GI Associates
6.5 CONTACT HOURS**
Expand the knowledge base of gastroenterology practitioners through continuing education.
- Identify measures that can assist in preventing adverse outcomes in the care of the gastroenterology patient related to anesthesia.
- Describe the diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the management of patients with pancreatic pseudocyst.
- Describe the dietary management of patients with dysmotility associated with fructose intolerance.
- Describe current and recent advances in diagnostic and treatment applications related to endoscopic ultrasound procedures.
- Describe current and emerging interventional radiology modalities for the care of patients with gastrointestinal bleeds.
- Discuss the principles of biofeedback therapy in patients with dyssynergic defecation and fecal incontinence.
- Discuss reprocessing standards, proper handling, and storage of specialty scopes.