Employee Assistance Program
AU Medical Center offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees. The EAP provides confidential assessments, short-term counseling and referrals for employees who need or request these services.
Is participation voluntary?
Participation is voluntary. In some cases, managers may 'strongly recommend' that an employee see the EAP Counselor, although participation is still voluntary.
Is my visit confidential?
As an employee of AU Medical Center, if you decide to get help through the EAP, no personal information will be shared with anyone without your written permission. However, exceptions may apply in situations involving the health and/or safety of employees.
In cases involving a manager referral, a signed release by the employee will be requested to verify attendance and follow through. EAP phone services are available for employees that do not want to meet face-to-face.
The confidential line is: (706) 721-0757
How can the EAP help?
AU Medical Center's EAP Counselor's support includes, but is not limited to, issues concerning:
Other EAP Services and Training
- Conflict resolution, financial concerns, depression, anxiety/stress, job changes/concerns, eating disorders, emotional distress, substance abuse, family/personal crisis, work relationships, family/personal relationships, grief counseling, and managerial consultation
- Introduction to the Employee Assistance Program
- Manager referral process
- Stress management
- Introduction to understanding others
- Effective communication with your manager
- Debriefing from a crisis/acute trauma
- To see a list of current training calendar events, click here.
- To request specific departmental training, contact the EAP Counselor.
How do I contact or visit the EAP Counselor?
Chris Carkhum, MS, MEd., MA, CEAP
1515 Pope Avenue (FG-1104)
Self-assessments are provided to facilitate understanding of ourselves. The assessments are not diagnostic instruments, but rather guides to further exploration. If after you complete an assessment and review your score and the assessment suggests follow-up, the EAP Counselor would be a valuable resource for you.
Employees who are members of the AUMC Choice (HDHP) plan may earn $50 in employer-provided wellness incentive dollars upon completion of a self-assessment annually. To earn the incentive, you must contact EAP at 706-721-0757 to review the completed assessment.
Behavioral Health Providers in the UHC Options PPO Network
AUMC physicians are part of the AUMC group health plan domestic provider network. For a listing of all UHC Option PPO Network providers, go to www.umr.com.