Instructional Technology Advisory Committee ITAC
College of Nursing
The Instructional Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) for the College of Nursing (CON) will provide direction on the best strategies for providing information technology resources to support instructional activities at the university. The ITAC will serve as a conduit for the two-way dissemination of information related to instructional computing at CON and will serve to otherwise enhance communications among the faculty and academic leaders of the colleges. The ITAC will keep abreast of technological, philosophical, and operational advances that impact instructional computing and provide advice on how the university should prepare to support instructional computing in the future.
The advisory committee’s purpose is to represent the needs of the CON when making their recommendations not just the individual goals of a department or center.
- Develop appropriate instructional technology communication and support model for CON.
- Assist in developing an appropriate faculty development program for instructional technology based on identified needs defined in the CON strategic plan.
- Participate in instructional technology strategic planning activities specific to CON goals and objectives.
- Update CON on new and ongoing GRU instructional technology initiatives.
- Identify and prioritize instructional needs and opportunities where technology can best serve.
- Instructional Technology planning documentation (processes, policies, and standing operating procedures, etc.).
- Communicate and discuss updates from CON Admin Team, Academic Affairs, and report summaries related to classrooms, and ServiceNow. Provide feedback on action items from previous meetings.
- Disseminate minutes of ITAC meetings.
- Develop and implement a system to identify, demonstrate, and evaluate new instructional technologies for CON. Receive feedback so final recommendations can be to CON Admin Team.
- Make recommendations related to instructional technology training and development.
- Review documentation of the operational procedures for classroom and online technology support.
- Respond to information and action items disseminated from ATAC.
- Decide summary content for broad distribution to CON, i.e., Nursing Notes, annual summary, etc.
- The committee will remain focused on the use of technology within instruction. While the group might gain a broader understanding about how the same technology might be applied in research or administrative areas, any projects that are related to those implementations will be managed separately.
- The committee will not use this meeting to resolve day-to-day issues, but use the normal IT Service reporting process.
- The committee will establish a monthly meeting schedule.
- Meetings will not last longer than one hour unless specially planned.
- Agenda will be published by ART representative in advance.
- Action minutes will be provided by ART representative within 1 week afterward.
- If unable to attend a member will send a designee from their department/unit.
- Jean Pawl – BBN Chair
- Beth Nesmith – PTN Chair
- Deborah Smith – BSN Program Director
- Stephanie Wright – CNL Program Director
- Marguerite Murphy – DNP Program Director – Primary Care
- Julie Zadinsky – PhD Program Director
- Shena Gazaway – RN-BSN Program Director
- James Masiongale – CNRA Program Director
- Vacant – CON ITS Technology Coordinator
- Vacant – PC Support Specialist II – CONAT
- Martha Jennings – Faculty Rep – PTN
- Amber McCall – Faculty Representative – PTN
- Rebecca Rule – Faculty Representative – BBN
- Renee Filippo – Faculty Representative – BBN
- Julie Behr – Assistant Dean – CONAT
- Lori Anderson – Associate Dean Academic and Student Affairs
- Pam Cook – Assistant Dean – Student Affairs
- Annette Bourgault – Interim Assistant Dean for Assessment and Development
- Shawnee Sloop – Instructional Systems Analyst
- Erick Lemon – Director of Instructional Systems and Services
- Gordon Spivey – Manager of AV Services
- Sara Bryan – Instructional Designer
- Vicki Burchfield – CON Librarian
- Chanin Stegall – Instructional Systems Analyst
Meeting Minutes (Login Required)