College of Science and Mathematics
Meeting Minutes (Login Required)
Instructional Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) for the CoSM will provide
direction on the best strategies for providing information technology resources
to support instructional activities at the university. The ITAC will serve as a
conduit for the two-way dissemination of information related to instructional
computing at CoSM and will serve to otherwise enhance communications among the
faculty and academic leaders of the colleges. The ITAC will keep abreast of
technological, philosophical, and operational advances that impact
instructional computing and provide advice on how the university should prepare
to support instructional computing in the future.
The advisory committee’s
purpose is to represent the needs of the CoSM when making their recommendations
not just the individual goals of a department or center.
- Develop appropriate
instructional technology communication and support model for CoSM.
- Assist in developing an
appropriate faculty development program for instructional technology based
on identified needs defined in the CoSM strategic plan.
- Participate in instructional
technology strategic planning activities specific to CoSM goals and
- Update CoSM on new and ongoing
GRU instructional technology initiatives.
- Identify and prioritize
instructional needs and opportunities where technology can best serve.
- Instructional Technology
planning documentation (processes, policies and standing operating
- Communicate and discuss updates
from CoSM Admin Team, Academic Affairs, and report summaries related to
classrooms, and Service Now. Provide feedback on Action Items from
- Disseminate minutes of ITAC
- Develop and implement a system
to identify, demonstrate, and evaluate new instructional technologies for CoSM
Receive feedback so final recommendations can be to CoSM Admin Team.
- Make recommendations related to
instructional technology training and development.
- Review documentation of the
operational procedures for classroom and online technology support.
- Respond to information and
action items distributed from ATAC.
- Decide summary content for
broad distribution to CoSM, i.e., educational notes, annual summary, etc.
- The committee will remain
focused on the use of technology within instruction. While the group might
gain a broader understanding about how the same technology might be
applied in research or administrative areas, any projects that are related
to those implementations will be managed separately.
- The committee will not use this
meeting to resolve day-to-day issues, but use the normal IT Service
- The committee will establish a
monthly meeting schedule.
- Meetings will not last longer
than one hour unless specially planned.
- Agenda will be available by ART
representative in advance.
- Action minutes will be provided
by ART representative within 1 week afterward.
- College of Science and
- University Informatin Technology
Role or Interest in the Project:
- Thomas “Cliff” Gardiner –
Associate Dean of CoSM (Resource)
- Robert “Bran” Cromer (BIOL) –
- Theja DeSilva (CHEM/PHYS) – PHYS
- Georgina Hammock (PSYC) – PSYC
Interim Chair (Resource)
- Tadd Patton (PSYC) – Assistant
- Deltrye Holt (MATH) – Assistant
- Keith Luoma (MATH) – Assistant
- Janice DeLoach –
Associate Director – Univ. IT Field Services - Summerville (Resource)
- Erick Lemon – Associate
Director – Univ. IT Field Services – Health Sciences (Resource)
- Winona Hatcher – Instructional
- Artemas Jones – Instructional
Meeting Location: Science Hall E1001A – (SCI-E1001A) – [PSYC
Alternate Meeting Location: University Hall 143 – (UH-143) – [UH-143
Schedule of Monthly
Wednesday of every month from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.